Skimlinks engineers implement innovative solutions designed to help publishers drive value from their commerce-related content, using the latest, industry standard technologies.
Skimlinks is an engineering driven company. We hire people who are excited about working on challenging technical problems, obsessed about clean and maintainable code and want to make an impact on millions of users. We have a lot of challenges that you will enjoy solving; whether it’s building APIs; or systems that scale to billions of requests daily; working with big data; or integrating with third-party partner ecosystems.
We’re looking for a Junior QA Engineer to join one of our development teams. We are on the road to test automation and you will help to accelerate our progress. This is not a typical testing role. To succeed, you will need exceptional technical skills and you will need to be a quick learner. You will be working with
- Manual testing of our interfaces
- API testing / automation
- Working as part of a cross functional Agile development team to ensure we deliver products of exceptional quality.
- Helping to refine user stories, ensuring acceptance criteria are in place and defining the acceptance tests which drive development.
- Deciding which test cases to automate, ensuring we get maximum “bang for the buck” from our automation effort.
- Doing some testing! Writing automated tests and testing manually when it makes sense.
- Continually improving the way we work by establishing new processes and practices, and by contributing to the ongoing evolution of our testing frameworks.
- You’ve successfully tested seriously complex systems with seriously complex data.
- You should have excellent communication skills with a strong manual testing background.
- You like breaking software, but not as much as you like proving that software works!
- You’re fluent in at least one object-oriented language, and you are a SQL ninja.
- Good understanding of API driven architectures and experience working with API clients such as Postman.
- You are motivated by shipping high quality product and appreciate that testing is just part of a QA Engineer’s job.
- You know a slick, high-performing, Agile team when you see one.
- You have a natural flare for solving complex problems and you like maths.
- You’re recognised by your peers as talented, driven and fun to work with!
- You should have experience working with CI / CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience working with Gherkin, Selenium, Python and cloud infrastructures would be an asset.