Publisher Development Intern- 3 Month, Japanese/Chinese Speaker
Skimlinks is the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 25,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world's largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent, which attracts some of the greatest people to work at Skimlinks and build something truly great and impactful.
Our mission is to help publishers be rewarded properly for the role their content plays in creating shopping intent, providing a much needed funding model for the internet. We are also driven by creating a culture for our team that celebrates learning and growth, while caring for each other.
About the role
During this internship you will learn in detail about online advertising and affiliate marketing. Most importantly, you'll gain experience of working in a rapidly growing technology start-up, learning about all aspects of business and entrepreneurship.
The internship is paid and will run for approx 3 months.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure that deals and offers received from our Merchant department are communicated promptly with the relevant publishers; via emails mostly.
- Become pro-active at researching and surfacing other deals or offer information across relevant verticals to share with publishers
- Support internal team and publisher client data requests - retrieve, collate and analyse large datasets. Perform SQL queries (export, cleanse, pivot)
- Answer or correctly funnel/escalate support queries. Own the end-to-end process from initial client query to resolution.
- Help action client requests pertaining to their Skimlinks account - i.e add/remove client domains to their account, merchant whitelisting, payments.
- Retrieve specific merchant partner information from our internal database or external network partners on reques.
- Salesforce admin.
- Assist with data collation for Quarterly Business Reviews.
We look for people with the following competencies and motivations:
- You are passionate about working in a start-up environment.
- You are available for full time work for at least a 6 month period (from October onwards).
- You possess strong written communication skills, fast typing skills and have the ability to get a point across quickly.
- You are detail-oriented, able to think one step ahead and not afraid to ask questions.
- You have a familiarity with online stores and are passionate about online advertising.
- You live, eat, breathe technology, are interested in the challenges facing online merchants, and have an appreciation of the demands of e-commerce and brand presence on content sites.
- You have strong Excel skills and are data savvy.